by Cheah Wei
I will be showing a talking computer terminal (using raspberry pi) that can detect the person standing in front of it and do few things as below.
The webcam is used to grab the photo to the raspberry pi.
- *bonus* I am trying to develop it such that it can recognize some predefined face and greet the person with his name
- overlay some clothes or hat on the detected person
- say some word like ‘hello what can I do for you’
- take a snapshot and email the snapshot to the person
- *bonus* remote control the talking computer from a windows phone
The attached screenshot is my current development setup. You can see I am trying image inversion on the screen. the raspberry pi is in the brick housing in front of the monitor. the webcam is on top of the monitor.