This family-friendly event showcases the amazing work of all kinds of makers in Penang and Northern region of Malaysia and beyond—anyone who is embracing the DIY or DIT (do-it-together!) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an appreciative audience. Exhibits that are interactive or highlight the process of making things are especially desired.
- Apply as a maker, performer, or presenter.
- Entry Open Date: June 16th, 2016. Please enter early so we can reserve space for your exhibit.
- Entry Deadlines : 10th September 2016 (CLOSED)
The first step to participating in Maker Faire is to submit an entry that tells us about yourself and your project. Entries can be submitted from individuals as well as from groups such as hobbyist clubs and schools. You can apply as a Maker (FREE), Commercial Maker (individual makers primarily selling — will be charged a fixed fee), Workshop or Presentation, or Performer. (Food vendors and businesses please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Please provide a short description of what you make and what you will actually bring to PenangMini Maker Faire. Please link to photographs or videos of what you make.
Here’s some suggested ideas for topics that we’re looking for:
- Kinetic & Installation Art
- Music Performance
- Hacks of Any Sort
- Homesteader Projects
- Workshops and Speakers
- 3D Printers & Digital Fabrication
- Textile Arts and Crafts
- Student Projects
- Rockets and RC Toys
- Green Tech
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Electric Vehicles
- Biology/Biotech and Chemistry Projects
- Bicycles and Human-Powered Machines
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
Maker Exhibit: Our standard setup for a maker exhibit is a 1 space, 1 table, 2 chairs and 1 power socket will be provided. If you need more space for your exhibit or project, please let us know. Use this space to display your work and/or demonstrate how you make something. Do bring your own promotional items. More details will be posted on website on later dates.
Apply now !